Whatsapp has become one of the popular mobile app to share messages and media instantly, it has also become a favourite place for many to engage in business activities. But it is so dishearten that some people take on this to perform their fraudulent acts. It is no more a news that people got their whatsapp account hacked, thereby exposing their families and friends into danger.
A lot of money has been lost into the hand of the so call whatsapp hacker from innocent people. The hacker’s motive is to hack their victims whatsapp account and chat with the victim’s contact to extort them of their hard-earned money.
This article is to educate you on how to protect your whatsapp account from being hacked. Here are the step by step guides with pictures to protecting your whatsapp account using two factor authentications:
How to set up two-factor authentication for your WhatsApp account
1. Open the WhatsApp app on your phone.
2. Tap the three dots in the upper-right corner.
3. Tap Settings
4. Tap Account.
5. Tap Two-step verification.
6. Tap Enable.
7. Enter your preferred six digits PIN.
8. Re-enter your preferred six digits PIN for confirmation.
9. Tap Next.
10. Enter your email address to retrieve your PIN in case you forgot it
11. Re-enter your email address for confirmation.
12. Tap Save.
13. Tap Done.
Congratulations, your account has been secured from any form of hacking.
Note: Make sure you can easily remember your PIN as it will be requested occasionally to safeguard your account, but try not to make it something that could be easily guessed.
Did you found this helpful?
DO COMMENT AND SHARE TO OTHERS.